Search This Blog

Friday 17 June 2011

Standard 1500 points list

I've been looking through the codex alot lately, and think that I've finally come up with a 1500 points list that I'm happy with, and which will be used for most of the tournaments to go to (or at least a basis for those lists).

When building my lists, I don't tend to make them 100% competitive, I like to have a strong fluff element so that is reflected in the list. So if you look at my list and wonder why I've taken that extra unit of jetbikes instead of a more competitive choice, its because the theme of my army matters just as much as winning. Especially since this is a Saim Hann army, I felt it important that it fit the theme as much as possible so I tried to stay away from using Wave Serpents (I'll divulge into further tactics after you've seen the list.

1500 Saim Hann Warhost


HQ

Farseer
  • Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear, Jetbike, Doom, Fortune, Eldritch Storm

x4 Warlocks

  • x4 Jetbikes, x2 Singing Spears, x3 Destructors, Embolden, 


TROOPS

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
  • x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
  • x2 Shuriken Cannons

x6 Guardian Jetbikes
  • x2 Shuriken Cannons

x3 Guardian Jetbikes

x3 Guardian Jetbikes


HEAVY SUPPORT

Fire Prism
  • Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones

Fire Prism
  • Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones

Fire Prism
  • Holo-Fields

1498

Tactics for the army:

When I wrote this list I wanted it to compose of 3 main elements; a fast attack force, a distraction/mini deathstar and some heavy support to help soften up the opposition. 

The main fast attack force is the 3 units of 6 Jetbikes; they will use their superior speed to circle round my opponent, firing on a target when they can without any significant threat of retaliation. The main idea is to use the bikes speed to stay out of range, or hid behind cover. The remaining two units of 3 bikes will stay in reserve and come on later to on hold objectives.

The Seer council will be hard to kill with re-rollable 3/4++ saves thanks to fortune, meaning that it will take a considerable amount of fire to take them down (especially with their wound allocation). Considering that they can't score I will be slightly more adventurous in how I play them compared to the units of 6 bikes. The multiple destructor templates will help shift entrenched troops. 

Finally, the last element I wanted was some heavy support; this has come in the form of 3 Fire Prisms all with holo-fields. For starters, as I have just said, they all have holo-fields, meaning they should be slightly harder to take down than normal tanks. Secondly, I'll be putting down at least two of their blasts per turn, with (usually), one of the blasts boosted by the remaining fire prism.

Generally, this army will just move up and stay out of range will bringing the hurt.

BUT...

I haven't yet played a game with Saim Hann so expect this list to be changed many times. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this list (or the blog in general) feel free to leave a comment or email the blog).

Stay tuned for more tactics, lists and conversions

2 comments:

  1. I haven't used jetbikes in any form since 3rd edition. It seems like a decent strategy though. I usually don't take upgrades on my prisms because they'll always be targets and the upgrades seem like wasted points. I'm iffy about combining beams... if you miss, don't you waste 2 shots?

    Anyway just found your Eldar blog, I play and write about Ulthwe. Followed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided to take holo-fields as standard; as you said, they will be targets, but the upgrades (i.e. holo-fields) will make the prisms last longer and harder to kill. If my opponent has to waste more anti tank on one prism its likely to mean the other will survive.

    When you combine beams you also have to remember that your shot becomes twin-linked. This is important because it means that your chances of missing completly are significantly reduced. I doubt I'll combine shoots all the time, as 3 large blasts are nothing to be overlooked; but through combining I can threaten a wider range of units (denying marines their saves when under the large blast for example)

    And thanks, I'll be sure to pay you a visit; and remember to spread the word about the blog, as soon as I reach 50 followers I plan to do some free give-aways!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...